In This Episode…
In this regular review of the last seven days I take you through the main lessons of the week and the things I will do next week to make things even better.
It has been a humbling week, a frustrating week, but one where lessons have been learnt nevertheless.
Episode Show Notes…
00:23 – Summary of this week’s episodes:
- On Monday in episode 199 I shared what would be my e mail policy if I had one.
- Tuesday was a milestone day for the podcast with episode 200. I updated my thoughts on the ten lessons I learnt from episode 100 and then shared some universal truths that have come to light in the last 100 episodes.
- On Wednesday in episode 201 I gave e brief insight into my thoughts on the response we should give to e mails we receive.
- Meanwhile in episode 202, I appeared to contradict myself about how to deal with e mails we are sent.
- On Friday I gave a progress report on how the email policy from Monday’s episode was working out.
- And then yesterday got written off because of illness.
03:22 – It’s not been one of my better weeks and so I am inclined to focus on the mistakes and what went wrong. However I won’t, because this is the breeding ground of:
03:47 – Here’s what has worked well this week:
- My approach to email is in place and working very well indeed as reported here.
- My weekly and daily planning approach is doing the job and focussing my attention really well.
- I have had the flexibility to adapt my plan as circumstances and priorities have shifted.
05:01 – Looking back on my intentions of things to focus on last week, I have reduced my susceptibility to distraction from YouTube. This is mainly because the Green Bay Packers lost in the play offs (well done 49er’s) and I have lost interest in the impeachment trial because it seems to be a foregone conclusion regardless of whatever is said in the house.
06:21 – Here’s what I can do to make things even better this week:
- Improve the quality of my planning to take into account the reality of my day and the objectives I want to achieve.
Leave a Reply