In This Episode…
In my regular weekly summary of what has been happening on the Podcast since my last summary, I share my thoughts and feelings on the key lessons from the last 7 days. Included in these are:
- My need to extend my time planning horizon to get me even more focused.
- How I planned my next 3 months and the introduction of my new planning sheets.
- The Procrastinator’s Creed from the Procrastinators society.
- A reflective moan on how I seem to be working at a shallow and superficial level – things need to change.
- An initial exploration on the concept of Deep Work from Cal Newport’s excellent book.
- What I learnt from my own experiment in Deep Work.
Episode Show Notes
00:21 – On Monday in episode 107 I realised I would need to expand my time planning horizon beyond the week ahead I was using. In this episode I share why I think that.
01:00 – In Tuesday’s episode I created a new set of planning sheets after working on my goals for the next 3 months. These have since proved really helpful.
01:56 – On Wednesday I shared the Procrastinator’s Creed from the Procrastinators Society. Whilst it is very funny, there are a lot of truths in it.
02:27 – In Episode 110 on Thursday, I had a bit of a reflective moan and realised much of my work has been at a shallow and superficial level. I have discovered the book “Deep Work” by Cal Newport that I think will help.
03:15 – Episode 111 on Friday was called 111 Diving Into The Deep Work Of Understanding Deep Work – Exploring Cal Newport’s Excellent Book. It was my first exploration into a work ethic I know will do wonders for me.
04:36 – On Saturday I decided to conduct my own Deep Work experiment in learning a script by heart in preparation for a series of videos I am filming this week.