In This Episode…
A colleague of mine told me about The Procrastinators Society when I mentioned to him I was doing a podcast about improving productivity. Ironically it took me 4 weeks before I checked them out. When I did I found they had this remarkably funny Procrastinator’s Creed. IN this episode I share that creed with you.
Episode Show Notes
A colleague of mine told me about The Procrastinator’s Society when I mentioned I was doing this podcast. Ironically it took me weeks to check it out.
They have a Procrastinator’s Creed. Here it is:
1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
The Procrastinators Society
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.
7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.
8. If at first I don’t succeed, there is always next year.
9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.
11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.
12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.
13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.